Monday, June 3, 2013

Revamp that Vintage Graphic Tee

Hi everybody,  sorry I have been MIA for awhile. There is a lot going on and unfortunately sometimes my blog is at the bottom of my to do list (when really if I had my choice it would be high up there). One thing that has happened is my hot water tank went out. Nothing makes you appreciate hot water more than having to heat it up on the stove to take a bath. I never realized how big bath tubs really are. I was so lucky to have someone in my life that could help my family with this problem and I couldn't thank them enough. For this post, my focus is to give your vintage tee a new spin.  Many years ago I  purchased this shirt at a store that focused on taking vintage items and giving them new life. Unfortunately this store is no longer around, so I definitely think this is a great DIY. The sleeves are cut in a half circle shape and then elastic is used to gather around the arms. My favorite detail of the shirt, is the sleeve design is mirrored on the front and the back. Also, the elastic makes a slight ruffle which gives the t-shirt a feminine feel.







   Do you ever take vintage clothes and give them a new spin?


Linking up at Monday Mingle , Visible Monday, and  #YOLO Mondays Link Up.

6 comments:

  1. How cute is this tee? Sorry for all your recent headaches, and thanks for taking the time to link up with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!! Your hair is on point as always!!

    I am sorry you had hot water heater issues, but so glad that all is well now.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great....I know what it is like when life gets a bit hectic...blogging always come way down the list! Have a good week:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie- I love this! Sometimes old T's are too boxy and this gives it such a unique and feminine twist. So sorry to hear about the water heater... this happened to me a couple of months ago and hubby insisted on a water heater that wasn't available in the store (had to order online)- so we had to go two weeks without hot water!! I know exactly what you mean about heating up the hot water on the stove! I would get an inch of water in the tub and call it good :) It was the worst!!
    Glad to see you back on the blog. Just need to get back there myself!
    ~Karen
    sewstitchincute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that!!!? Clever girl. You look adorable ... not only is this great for big-girls ... how cute would this be for the little ones?
    Sorry about the hot water heater. I'd be in full blown panic. Been there, didn't like it. So glad you had a helper.
    Have a better week, tend to what you must, and know we'll still be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation - such a cute tee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...