Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DIY: Bleached Denim Shirt

Happy Wednesday! I am so excited I am going to see Pink in concert tonight. My sweet friend got me a ticket for my birthday and the last time I saw her in concert she was fabulous. I am sure there will be a picture or two to follow.  On Monday's post, I talked about acid wash. If that is two extreme for your sense of style, you might like the bleached denim look. I got my inspiration from the DSquared shirt below that was for a crazy $451.00 and I always think I can do that. So, I did and paired it with my favorite Zara leopard paints.





DSquared2 Bleached Shirt- $451.40


Materials needed for this DIY are a denim shirt. Maybe your significant other has one in his closet he doesn't need anymore or this would be a great item to look for at a consignment shop. I went to my favorite Plato's closet and picked up a small H&M men's dark denim shirt for $6.00!!.Also, you will need bleach, water, scissors,cup, and a container or sink.

Step 1: Lay the shirt flat and cut the sleeves off. You can leave them on if desired, but I like the look for summer and spring. Also, it helps with the bulkiness of layering in the winter.

Step 2: Pour hot water into container, I used 1/4 bleach and 3/4 water. I left my shirt in for one hour until I got the desired denim color. Rinse the shirt out.


Step3: In order to get the bleach effect in certain spots, you will need to pour 1/4 bleach in a cup with 3/4  water. Then, pour into the rippled areas where the shirt is crumpled. Only leave on the areas for about 1 minute. Repeat this in desired areas, when finished rinse out and wash separately.  That is all and now you have your denim bleach shirt.



What is your thought on bleached denim?

Linking up at The Pleated Poppy for WWIW and Whatever,Whenever Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. I love this look!!! The look is awesome...I love PINK! and I hope you have the time of a lifetime. Happy Birthday memory making to you!

    You might get mistaken for someone in PINK!'s party!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. carrie!! i love this outfit sister. you look amazing. i'm so going to try this! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look awesome in this outfit!!!! It's so 80s yet with a modern spin, you nailed it! I myself cannot do the acid wash or bleached denim (why do I put these limitations on myself???) but appreciate a fashionista who can! New follower :))

    www.highheeledmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!

    Popping over from rolled up pretty :)

    Tiff Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an AWESOME job of recreating that look! The price of the original was just obscene. I've never been a big fan of the acid wash look, but I like the more subtle bleached look. Thanks for the tutorial.

    Found you via What I Wore Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your leopard pants and that shirt! i can't wait for warmer weather! Have a blast at the Pink concert, i'm sure she's gonna be amazing :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    $1000 Visa Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're Twinsies today! Love the DIY and I definitely love the pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaahhhh!!! I love this look SO. MUCH. Total badass - and I love it paired with the boyfriend cardi. And PINK???? Woman, I am so jealous. Can't wait to hear how the concert goes! Have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out great! And it looks killer with those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow.good job,I like DIY,and the bleach t shirt.you are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...