Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Layering


I hope everyone had a great holiday. After my long drive home from my vacation, I decided to read my January Edition of Lucky Magazine. They were giving some suggestions on layering. I decided to give it a whirl with my outfit today. My first layer is a h&m sleeveless pink shirt(very long) under my denim dress that I have worn below. This shirt added a pop of color to this outfit. Adding color to an outfit is a trend that will not be going away for a while.



The last layer is a h&m cream sweater over my denim dress. Instead of tights, I used gray thick leggings with tall socks and my favorite Sorel snow boots.


Sorel 'Joan of Arctic' Boot , Rubbish Distressed Leggings

My suggestion with layering is take a regular outfit that you would normally layer together, then add one extra piece. I feel like layering this season is adding that extra piece out of your comfort zone. To this outfit I added the long pink shirt. The great thing about this is the shirt was sleeveless, so I didn't feel like I had a million clothes on.


When you layer, how many layers do you usually have in the winter?
Linking up at The Pleated Poppy  for WIWW.

12 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! Glad you are back! I've been lost without your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Of course I had to stop by via the Pleated Poppy! Your haircut caught my eye! Love it!

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, I can't put my finger on it but you look different. And of course in a good way. This outfit is right up my alley this year......Cozy, Comfy and you give it a tough chic look too!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy, I not sure what is different, but thanks for the fabulous compliment. Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  4. I love to layer my clothing. Your denim dress is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got styleeee, lady.

    Happy to have found you!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the layers and that denim shift is SO classic!! I was going to email you about the chartreuse coat but couldn't find your email - it's from Target - I got it in the clearance section right before xmas...it's a juniors jacket - LOVE the color! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great piece, Carrie! I absolutely love my chambray shirt and have a feeling that if I had a chambray dress like this I'd wear it all the freaking time. You're great at styling it different as well. Stay warm out there!

    Sarah
    Cable Car Couture

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...