Friday, October 12, 2012

And the Sunshine Award goes to......

This past week, I had the best news. I won a Sunshine Award from Catherine at Not Dressed As Lamb. This is such an honor, because I adore her blog and style. She is so witty and I think she has true "originality" in her style. I really appreciate this award from such an outstanding blogger. It is nice to be acknowledged, so thank you Catherine.


This is Catherine's Design for the Award and you can get it here.

So! The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules are:

1. Include the award logo in a post and/or on your blog sidebar.

2. Link the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers and ask them ten questions.
5. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.



So these were my ten questions from Catherine,

1. If you had to choose a totally different stage name for yourself, what would it be?
 This one is a difficult one for me, but I love being called by my last name, Teal, since it is one syllable. I know it would be one word like Prince.

 2. Excluding loved ones or pets, what one material possession would you save if your house was on fire? I would save the bracelet my husband got me after my two children was born. It has charms that are each engraved with something about each of my children. I love it!

3. Who's the first celebrity you can remember having a crush on?
 The first celebrity I can remember having a crush on would be  Kirk Cameron (Mike Seaver) off of the show Growing Pains. He was delicious back in the day.

4. What's the best compliment you've ever had?
 My husband is always complimenting me. I am so lucky he tells me all the time that I am a great mother. My son gave me the sweetest compliment this summer, he told me "Mom you are so beautiful". I thought this was so sweet because he doesn't say things like that to me.

5. If you could only ever listen to one band/artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
 This is also a tough question, because this may be surprising to you guys, but I love 80's hair bands like Def Leopard and White Lion. But if I could only pick one band it would be the Beatles. There music makes me feel so good and think of memories that have occurred throughout my life.

6. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Not sure about this one, but I would probably ask Winona Ryder. I have been told many times in my life I look like her.

7. What is your favourite part of your body or appearance?
My favorite thing about my appearance is I love my short hair. It is so easy and I think it fits me perfectly. My favorite body part would be my eyes. When I was a kid everyone would say, " you have the prettiest brown eyes." I hated it then, but love it now.

8. If you were to win an Olympic gold medal in any sport, skill or pastime, what would it be (e.g. spoon playing, procrastinating, ironing, party planning, etc.)?
I would win a gold medal in sleeping in. I can sleep like a champ. I go and go all week, so sometimes I crash on the weekend to recharge my battery. One Sunday, I sleep until 11:00 had breakfast and went back to bed at 2:00 p.m until the next morning.

9. What is your favourite all-time TV show?
-->
This is easy, I was a LOST junkie. I couldn't wait until that show came on every week. I had to watch it the second it came on and not DVR it. The funny thing my husband predicted the finally when the show first started. It was a great show!


10. Which celebrity's wardrobe would you most like to own?
I would love to own Rachel Bison's wardrobe. I love that she doesn't have one set style. She incorporates many things into her wardrobe.

 An the Sunshine award goes to.....in alphabetical order . I love all of these blogs. They give me inspiration and the ladies that write them are amazing, so make sure to check them out. My top ten fav's are:

1. A Rich Life on a Budget
2. H&K Style Journey
3. Heart and Soul
4.Life As Leah
5..Porcelain Complexion
6.Roots, Wings, and Other Things
7.TF Diaries
8.The Forge
9. The Pleated Poppy
10. VJuliet 


And my questions for them are:

1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is most coveted item in your closet?
3. Who in your life most inspires you?
4. Do you choose carry out or cook in?
5. Do you prefer heels or flats?
6. What is the best book that you read in the last 6 months (besides Fifty Shades of Gray)?
7.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. What is your favorite childhood memory?
9. What do you like to do when your friends and you get together?
10. Where do you get your style inspiration from?


Thanks again to Catherine and have a great weekend.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for listing me... have a lovely weekend:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love learning fun new things about my blogger friends. You do look like Winona...and I would chose The Beatles, too.

    Thank you for the award! I will post mine probably the week of the 22nd.

    Have a great day!
    xo, A

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAY! Congrats Carrie it's well deserved :D Xo Megan

    Ps thanks for honoring me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie I missed this post - thank you so much for the great answers!!! My music choice is also the Beatles and I'm with you on the sleeping in ;)

    It's great to "get to know you better"!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...