Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY- Polka Dot Bangles


I have posted these Marc by Marc Jacobs 'Hot Dot' Wide Bangles before. I love these, but they are $68.00 a piece, so DIY time.

I found two plastic bracelets at the thrift store for a $1.00. They had the characteristics I was looking for, same size,  and thickness. Materials needed for this project are two wide bangle bracelets, spray paint, paper, a nickel, newspaper, and two paint pens - cobalt blue and black. *I bought spray paint that adheres to plastic in black, cream, and clear.

Spray paint each bracelet.

**You could buy plastic bangles that are already cream and black, if you don't want to invest in spray paint.

I made a stencil by tracing a nickel. I tried different sized coins, until I found the desired size.

Trace the stencil onto the bracelet with a pencil. Make sure to have a pattern set in place before you start tracing.

Use the paint pens to trace the circles and fill in. The last step is optional, I sprayed the bracelets with a clear spray paint as an extra coating to deter chipping and fading.

Final outcome satisfies my taste for a polka dot bracelet.


I have had a very busy week and am looking forward to the weekend. I hope you have a great weekend and would love to hear what you think.

8 comments:

  1. You are so clever! I am the least crafty person you would ever meet...but I think I could handle this. They are darling. You could wear them with that cobalt and black top that you altered from a dress.

    By the way...have they chipped at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I just went up to my closet and thought the same thing about pairing these bracelets with that shirt. They have not chipped yet , but they probably would if you don't put that clean coat over top. I'll keep you up to date after I wear them a couple more times . I appreciate your sweet comments. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. Happy weekend! These are fun bangles! And polka dotted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bangles look great! I love that you used blue with the black. Very Fun!

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fab! I have an award for you on my blog!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, that is so sweet of you! I really appreciate the award.

      Delete
  5. Carrie, I am more and more amazed every time I stop by your blog! These bangles are fantastic! One of these days I am going to have a craft day and make some of these wonderful pieces! Have a great relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those are adorable! I'll definitely be trying that project out, thanks for the idea :)

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you ...